Located in the northeast of the region. Located south of the slope of the Serra Grossa, the natural border between the regions of Albaida Valley and Coast and among the ravines called "Foia the Port" and "Freira". The topography is smooth, except in its northeastern part where the Serra Grossa, which separates this county by the end of Canals Ollería Port, situated at 393 m. above sea level, between the mountains and the Creu Talaia (maximum height of the term with 520 m.). From this mountain until Clariano River, which forms the southern boundary of the term, is descending altitude in NE-SE direction, reaching the 200 m. near the river. On the southern slopes of the Serra Grossa highlight Port ravines, Cova, the Murta, The Departed, etc.. The village is situated on an elevated plain within the term.
From Valencia, this town is accessed via the A-7 to connect with the CV-40 and end in the CV-644 and CV-640.
The municipality of Ollería limited to the following locations: Albaida, Alfarrasí, Ayelo of Malferit, Bellús, Bufali, Canals, Guadasequies, Montaberner, Játiva and El Palomar, all in the province of Valencia.
At the end of L'olleria there is evidence of occupation from prehistory. Findings have been made related to the different stages of this, from the Middle Paleolithic, as in Cova Sant Nicolau, until the Bronze Age, in the Porquet Castellet. The latter site was studied in the nineteenth century by Juan Vilanova i Piera, that although at first defined this field as a dolmen, subsequently included in the Metal Age, in the first period, that of copper. Later, in 1937, Isidro Ballester Tormo, published the results of his studies on the Porquet Castellet, finally attributed to Eneolithic-Bronze.
In Iberian period, highlights some scattered findings of pottery and metalwork, finding important ruins perhaps because it is a frontier land disputed by the peoples of the Contestania and Edetania. In the Iber-Roman period, scholars focus the population center in the chapel of San Cristobal, where the Roman tombstone found currently be admired in Batle Street, brooches, coins and beads. Several Roman villas in the term, noting that found during construction of the Central Highway, heading in Bonavista, where important remains appeared related to pottery, oil production and in its architecture a hypocaust in the basement of the house .
The current location of Ollería is because Muslims ratified by the necropolis found that the tradition spread across the approaches to the village. Their remains are remarkable "the alcavons" or water mines. In this period include the discovery of a seal Arabic, with an inscription, set in a gold ring, which refers to the importance of its possessor. The ring is lost, not the inscription that said: "He who believes is saved. Whoever suffers, wins."
After the Reconquista, in the "Book of the Repartiment" (book order), there are several land grants in the farmhouse of Olles them. Its name comes from the activity as potters developed their people. In modern stresses its independence from the city of Xativa, achieved in two phases, first in 1583 and segregation after achieving the rank of Villa Real in 1588, with the inauguration of the supreme jurisdiction and vote in parliament . In 1522, the town was in favor of the Germania, the subsequent repression was brutal, killing hundreds of agermanados. He also was sacked during the Carlist wars and occupied during the Napoleonic invasion in the War of Spanish Independence.
Apart from the plastics industries, various manufacturing craft and its famous glass Ollería the term, there is a encruzijada roads and cattle trails that explain the importance of livestock to the economy has been traditional. Architecture is preserved regarding this issue, as the Lonja of traffickers in the basement of the Casa de la Vila and some interesting examples of dry stone constructions called shepherds shelter.
Recall that for a thousand years Ollería glass works, arriving today to become the main production center window of Spain. "Route de l'Olleria Vidre" is an interesting tour to discover the soul of the glass, and unique monuments.
Ermita de San Cristobal. In its vicinity are the Roman ruins of Miranda House.
Ermita de San Juan Bautista.
Ermita del Cristo de la Palma.
St. Nicholas Cave Inhabited by Neanderthals.
Castellet's Porquet, powerful fortified Neolithic village wall.
Hall. A new hotel is located at c / St. Thomas, No. 2. (The old City Hall Plaza situation in the Vila, ground floor consists of a free on arches, and the Assembly Hall on it, with a balcony overlooking the square. Presents auction typology downstairs and large living room on the top, and reminiscent of other municipalities of the XV and XVI.'s the House of Vila since its incorporation in 1588. Renaissance style building. retains a large sundial, facing the square.)
Capuchin Convent, founded in 1601 reusing a medieval chapel dedicated to Saints Abdon and Senen. It is built around the cloister of the tank retaining wall paintings in grisaille seventeenth century. The novitiate old inn has been renovated as a convent. It also has water and mine water painting collections and Oscar Soler Marziali Remigio, archeology, glass, ceramics, old tiles and ethnographic objects, in his monumental garden grows a tree, a centenary Mirto, one of the most exemplary Large Europe.4
Discalced Augustinian Monastery, founded in 1611. Remains of walls.
Dominican Convent, founded in 1578. This monastery belongs Altarpiece Quattrocento "doomsday" the painter Antoni Peris, known as "master Ollería" primitive work Valencian International Gothic, deposited in the Archbishop of Valencia.
Hospital San Juan Bautista, nineteenth century, with neo-gothic chapel and cloisters.
Shrine of Our Lady of Loreto, where they worship the medieval image of the patron saint of the town and beautiful wall paintings are preserved. (This is the church of the convent of the Dominicans). We highlight the altar of Blessed "Ferreres Stop", a Gothic altarpiece paintings modern artist Toni Ollería Grau, which houses the relic.
Church of St. Mary Magdalene Declared BIC With its beautiful Renaissance façade. In this temple took place the end of the War of the Germania, on January 22, 1522, when the Viceroy, massacring the agermanados, (commoners), who took refuge inside this fortified church, setting fire to its gates, killing several hundred neighbors, martyrs of slang. On the site of the mosque, dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene in the thirteenth century. They tell legends of the Cathars who came to these lands, among Christian settlers, protected by King James I, in the late thirteenth century.
The ratchet pawl is Valencian oldest preserved, along with its wall madieval.
The former municipal slaughterhouse, a beautiful Modernist building early twentieth century.
The Almudín or medieval Granary, which in the nineteenth century was converted into Teatro Cervantes. Newly restored and beautiful romantic drama.
Zacarés palatial house, sacristy House and House Gisbertes them stand out among others for its historical value.
The Palau dels Marau, known as "Casa Santonja" old palace, whose main building dates from the seventeenth and eighteenth century, but that stands for its big hall, which houses a full program of magnificent murals related to liberal principles of Freemasonry nineteenth century. Iconographic space unique in Europe. Started his statement B.I.C. This palace is being rehabilitated to house the Valencian Museum of Glass, the local history and crafts.
Els alcavons or water mines, whose Islamic era tunnels run throughout the term.
San Antonio Abad. Feast characterized by his fire, his intimate dinner, the celebration of the Mass and the Blessing of the animals, under the image of the saint in his own street.
Carnivals. ("Les Carnestoltes"), where all the kids from the village with their respective schools dress up and given away to people with a parade, local food these days is baked rice ("arròs to forn").
Festivities. They also celebrate the festival of Moors and Christians during the last weekend of August and the first of September.
La Feria. It is held the last week of October and goes back to the seventeenth century. Oldest are the traditional crafts market, highlighting the glass products. Glass of Ollería has its origins in the Middle Ages and pottery products such as pots, jugs and jars, from the time of the Romans, whose production gave rise to the name of the town. Appears as "Olles Alqueria of them", the "Book of the Repartiment" of James I.
The feast of La Magdalena, religious festival, considered the patron saint of the population.
Pilgrimage of Divine Shepherdess, "the Pastoreta". This ancient tradition of L'Ollería starring children dressed as shepherds who are concentrated in the Capuchin convent, is celebrated on the fourth Sunday of Easter.